Site icon South County News

Plaque Dedication Takes Place in Oswalt Park

A small crowd gathered in Oswalt Park on a rainy Sunday in November to dedicate a plaque erected as an historic marker in the park. It illustrates the buildings that were formerly a part of Vicksburg’s downtown but torn down in the early 70s. Kristina Powers Aubry and members of the Historical Society’s plaque committee were the primary participants. The sign is two-sided with the front showing an artist’s drawing by Mike Hardy of what the buildings looked like in 1938. On the back side are actual photographs of the buildings and some of their occupants in the early years.

Exit mobile version