Ken Krum was a Schoolcraft High School student graduating in 1940. While in high school Ken was a letter winner in basketball, football and earned several tennis trophies which are on display in the high school. Ken was also the school ping-pong champ. In 1938 he served on a committee to name the SHS mascot.
Ken attended Kalamazoo College where he met his wife. While at K-College he lettered in basketball and tennis. After graduation from K, he served as vice-president of the Alumni Association. For two years Ken served in the United States Army.
He served on the Schoolcraft School Board from 1957 until his untimely death in 1976. He as also ctive in the Michigan Auto Dealers Association for over 18 years and served as president in 1972 and ’73. Kenn was a community leader, a business owner (3rd generation car dealership). He also served on the Board of Directors for Kalamazoo County State Bank. After his death the Ken Krum Recreation Center was built by community members, honoring the memory of a sportsman, civic leader and a businessman.