Learn how to use credit wisely in the fifth annual online Smart Money Contest with an online challenge. During the month of April, youths age 13-19 across the state, both 4-H and non-4-H members, are invited to compete with other Michigan youth and win prizes!
Registration is open now until April 13, 2023, and you will have until April 30, 2023, to complete your challenge. High scoring youth will be entered into a prize drawing to win $25 gift card.
Teachers, librarians, and other youth development professionals can also win a $25 gift card if they referred a non-related youth to the contest and their entrant wins. There is a limit of one gift card per referring adult.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- You must sign up by April 13, 2023, at https://events.anr.msu.edu/Money2023/ to be eligible for prizes. If a teacher, librarian, or other youth development professional referred you to this contest, you will want to include their name and email for their chance to win a prize too!
- Learn about credit by attending an in-person or Zoom class, or reading articles at https://www.canr.msu.edu/tag/credit-management. Or you can complete the Nearpod class at https://app.nearpod.com/?pin=TGHVK and/or explore other credit education resources found at https://www.canr.msu.edu/resources/youth-credit-education-resources or on the Michigan 4-H website at https://www.canr.msu.edu/4h/index.
- On April 14, you will receive an e-mail with the game code for Quizizz. The game will be available for two weeks, April 16-30, 2023.
- Go to quizizz.com/join on a phone or tablet and enter the code using the same name you used when you registered in step 1.
- Complete the challenge using the code by April 30, 2023, at midnight eastern daylight time. The contest involves answering 30 multiple choice questions about credit. It will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
- High-scoring youths will be entered into a prize drawing to win a $25 gift card. A maximum of 10 winners will be selected.
- Winners will be notified by May 8, 2023.
The time to start learning how to make credit work for you and develop a good credit score and history is now!